I know I am behind in my american news. But I still have to say how cool I think this is! I mean, I loved South Dakota before because they had only one abortion clinic, but now I love them even more! They have just signed a bill that will save at least 800 babies a year!
Go, go, go, go South Dakota your gonna have more birthdays. We're gonna party 'cause your gonna have more birthdays. We're gonna snip more ambilical cords and have more birthdays! We're gonna party 'cause you are gonna have 800 more birthdays!
What, I think, is the wierd part of it all is the people in Washington who are freking out because of it. No, I don't mean the pro-abortion activists, I mean our own pro-Life ones. They are really worried that this is to drastic a step for this point in time. They are worried that american women are going to freak out when they find that their 'right' to abortion has been taken away from their sisters in South Dakota.
Um, HELLO? This is a good thing. Lets bring the issue to the front on the TV again! It has been too long since I saw anything about the real issues behind abortion being broadcast. I do of course realize that the media is bi-assed, meaning that it has two asses and no head for thinking, but I think that if this gets people talking about it again then that is a good thing.
Besides we all know that if the media tries to push the pro-abortion stance too much that the Catholics/Christians: Pro-Lifers will get miffed and start working harder. After all there are hundreds of thousands of us now who have something to say about this issue. Like Norma McCorvey. She has lots of interesting things to say about changing her mind, abortion, abortionists, and their in her words "...killing centers". (For those of you who don't know, she was Roe in RoeVS Wade) I believe too many pro-Lifers have gotten lazy and need to remember why they are supposed to fight for the rights of the babies. This aught to do the trick!
Don't misconstrue my views on this conflict. I don't want a war between the people. However, I do want them all to start talking about it again, because unless we all are talking about it, no one is hearing the truth about abortion. Until they know the truth and all the facts so many woman are going to continue to hurt themselves, others that love them, and continue to kill their unborn babies.
Now a lifted material for you to read along with some facts that every woman should know before she has an abortion:
"For two millennia in our Western culture, written into our constitutions, specifically protected by our laws, and deeply imprinted into the hearts of all men and women, there has existed the absolute value of honoring and protecting the right of each human to live. This has been an unalienable and unequivocal right. The only exception has been that of balancing a life for a life in certain situations or by due process of law.
- Never, in modern times — except by a small group of physicians in Hitler’s Germany and by Stalin in Russia — has a price tag of economic or social use-fullness been placed on an individual human life as the price of its continued existence.
- Never, in modern times — except by physicians in Hitler’s Germany — has a certain physical perfection been required as a condition necessary for the continuation of that life.
- Never — since the law of paterfamilias in ancient Rome — has a major nation granted to a father or mother total dominion over the life or death of their child.
Never, in modern times, has the state granted to one citizen the absolute legal right to have another killed in order to solve their own personal, social or economic problem.
...yet, ... the U.S. Supreme Court Decision in America and permissive abortion laws in other nations do all of the above. They represent a complete about-face, a total rejection of one of the core values of Western man, and an acceptance of a new ethic in which life has only a relative value. No longer will every human have a right to live simply because he or she exists. A human will now be allowed to exist only if he measures up to certain standards of independence, physical perfection, or utilitarian usefulness to others. This is a momentous change that strikes at the root of Western civilization. It makes no difference to vaguely assume that human life is more human post-born than pre-born. What is critical is to judge it to be — or not to be — human life. By a measure of "more" or "less" human, one can easily and logically justify infanticide and euthanasia. By the measure of economic and/or social usefulness, the ghastly atrocities of Hitlerian mass murders came to be. One cannot help but be reminded of the anguished comment of a condemned Nazi judge, who said to an American judge after the Nuremberg trials, "I never knew it would come to this." The American judge answered simply, "It came to this the first time you condemned an innocent life.' "
Facts all Women Should Know
- The Babys heartbeat begins between the eighteenth and twenty-fifth day after conception.
- Electrical brain waves have been recorded as early as forty days after conception.
- After 8 weeks inside the mom all of the babys organs are present, complete, and functioning (except lungs- they follow a little later)
- After 9-10 weeks the Babys body is completely formed. It responds to touch, his/her fingers and toes are defined, he/she has permanent fingerprints, and can suck his/her own thumb.
- After 8-13 weeks the babys sex can be distinguished.
- At 16 weeks the mother can feel the baby move. The Babys heart pumps six gallons of blood per day and can have REM (dream) sleep.