Sunday, December 23, 2007

The first pictures from Calcutta / Kolkata

First, please allow me to explain why I am not going to be posting any photos of sick or dying people that the Missionaries and volunteers care for.

They do not need pity, they need love, and if I post photos of them you will feel sorry for them. There is more to it than just that, I would also like to address the fact that they must be treated with dignity, and that if we the volunteers act as tourists towards them and take photos of them at their worst, then we are less able to prove to them that we respect them and that they deserve to be treated by everyone as every human deserves to be treated. (Bother that didn't come out right.)

We are trying to affirm the Dignity that belongs to every person.

Also, the MC's ask that we only take photos on our last day of volunteering, so even if I wante dto take a picure or two of some of my patient/friends I would have to ask special permission. And as I am not trying to be special I will not ask.

So, I will show you pictures of the fun stuff or interesting stiff on the streets etc.

































































No comments: