Thursday, November 29, 2007

A Walk Back in the Footsteps of Mother

Went on a small pilgrimage today tracing back Mother Thersa's life in Calcutta before she was anyone that the world cared about. It was overwhelming to see so much and start to understand her a little better. All of the text below is copied from the little guide page I was given on the walk.

1. At Mothers Tomb

"I do it for Jesus, HE IS MY ALL. If He is MY ALL, then I must be able to talk to people about the person I love. Because I love Him I am here today. I do it for Jesus, for the greater glory of God and the good of people."

Clean Heart

"God Speaks in the silence of the heart...and we listen. And then...we speak to God from the fullness of our heart. First we listen...God speaks...and then we speak and God listens. And that connection is prayer...is...oneness with God. A soul of prayer, the fruit of prayer is deepening of Faith, and the fruit of Faith is Love, and the fruit of Love is Service, and the fruit of Service is Peace. That is why we need to pray to have a clean heart...and if we havea clean heart we can see God. And when we can see God naturally we will begin to love one another. That means we see and we look, and then we give our hands to serve and our hearts to love... and that's the beginning of holiness."*

Extract of Mother Teresa's words in the movie "The Legacy"


I will copy more later on. For now, just think on that a bit.

No comments: