Sunday, November 25, 2007

My Wish List

Yes, I know it is early for Christmas, but it will take 2-3 weeks minimum for anything to reach me from the US anyways, so I have decided to write my list now! As I am more than certain that my immediate family will not be able to buy most of the things on my list and send them to me I openly invite anyone who reads this and wants to help to send along any of the items listed below. You are more than welcome to remain anonymous in your generosity, however, I would like there to be a running list of what is being sent to me so that I may update my list in order to not receive say 1000 pairs of gloves and no hand sanitizer. Ok? So simply leave a comment if you have mailed anything to Kolkata, and I will update my list!


THE ADDRESS:
Havilah
Krump, VOLUNTEER
The Missionaries of Charity
54A, A.J.C. Bose Road
KOLKATA 700 016



THE LIST


Plastic gloves medium size - as many as want to come! The volunteers and the sisters use them when treating the ill patients. (1Box coming from Missy, my old World Youth Day friend!)

Sports Bras (size 34)- I forgot all my bras in the US. Have pity on me! I really only need 2 more as I do have 1 on me. (O! the shame in asking for underwear online!)

Hand Sanitizer - I really can't tell you how much we all love the Purell Instant Hand Sanitizer over here. Why it Kills 99.99% of all Germs! Gotta love that! (Also coming from Missy)

Stationary with ENVELOPES - I have found some wonderfully cheap paper made by rehabilitated Street kids, but I can't find any good envelopes, and I have so many letters to send!

Peanut Butter - Good for all the bananas I do get and to replace all the protein I am not eating. (Also coming from Missy)

Floss - for a healthy smile!

Books - Brother Dave, this is your department.

A Hairbrush - I don't have one, and I can't find any good ones here.

MP3 Music- EMAIL ME SOME MUSIC!


That is all I can think of off the top of my head, but I will probably add more later.

In the immortal words of my first Indian influence, Abu:

THANK YOU ALL, COME AGAIN


No comments: