Monday, May 15, 2006

I ask, I seek, and I promise to knock before entering!

Matt. 7:7
Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.

In Havilah News this week:

I have started the application process for Ave Maria University in Naples, and I am also planning on applying to Viterbo University in LaCrosse. Hopefully I will be accepted to both and then have the grand option of choosing between the North and the South for school.

Tonight after I finish work I will be booking my ticket home the states with the kind help of Lydie, my boss. (I don't have a credit card.) I am hoping to be flying into Chicago on the 30th of June.

Jb is hoping to come to the states on or about his birthday the 6th of July and meet up with Bern and Angel and I in Phili. So it is looking like I will be home for about a week and then out on the East coast for 2 weeks or so.

About that. I am trying to find a/some places where Jb and I can both stay for a few nights around NY city and or anywhere else that might be interesting on the east coast. Neither of us has really seen anything in the city and we both really want to. So, anyone that might be able to put us up on a couple couches or even the floor please drop me a comment as it is looking like the travel budget is gonna be pretty slim. We aren't looking for food and you won't have to spend all day playing host to us or anything we just basically need a place to sleep when our weary feet come home from walking all over the city.

Jb was talking about maybe doing kind of a space exchange thing, like if you put us up in your place then he would put you up if you were to come to Paris...etc.

If any of you Aves have any ideas or know of any former Aves that I might be able to contact who could help us out please let me know a.s.a.p. Or perhaps I might have family near there that knows someone who might be able to help? If no one can help then we are going to have to try and book some place. :( It's just that everything is soooo flippin' expensive in NY and when you make as little money as we do... Its hard.

We would even be happy with a little bit of someones back yard where we could put up a little non-grass killing tent that Jb wants to buy. Anything, anywhere near the city, anything at all!!!

Please help!

Thank you so much!


Song for today:
By: Michael Bublé

"Home"

Another summer day
Has come and gone away
In Paris and Rome
But I wanna go home


Maybe surrounded by
A million people I
Still feel alone
I just wanna go home
Oh I miss you, you know

And I’ve been keeping all the letters that I wrote to you
Each one a line or two“I’m fine baby, how are you?”
Well I would send them but I know that it’s just not enough
My words were cold and flat
And you deserve more than that

Another aeroplane
Another sunny place
I’m lucky I know
But I wanna go home
I’ve got to go home

Let me go home
I’m just too far from where you are
I wanna come home

And I feel just like I’m living someone else’s life
It’s like I just stepped outside
When everything was going right
And I know just why you could not
Come along with me
That this is not your dream
But you always believed in me

Another winter day has come
And gone away
In even Paris and Rome
And I wanna go home
Let me go home

And I’m surrounded by
A million people I
Still feel alone
Oh, let me go home
Oh, I miss you, you know

Let me go home
I’ve had my run
Baby, I’m done
I gotta go home
Let me go home
It will all be all right
I’ll be home tonight

I’m coming back home

4 comments:

Myth said...

Any chance of you dropping by MI again before mid-August?

If I think of anyone on the East Coast (especially New York) I'll let you know! No one comes immediately to mind though.

Anonymous said...

Hi oot!
It's me again! Just letting you know that I read your blog again. It was nice to talk to you on Mother's Day, but I don't want to be around when Mom gets the phone bill.
Love,
Juby

the Mariner said...

havilah!
hey! sorry i don't know of anyone.
let me know if you're going to amu. i might want to room w/ you. :) yeah, i'm gonna graduate from there.
hope all is going well!
heres my e-mail if you'd like:
amcphantom@yahoo.com

BZ said...

haves, did you get my email? :)