Friday, April 11, 2008

VIEWER DISCRETION ADVISED!!!

Ok, soooo, here is what I know. I know that Dentists don't normally do any extractions when there are such bad infections. First they give the antibiotics to clear up the infection, during which time they have the patient clean their own mouth as best as possible etc. But I don't know if any of that really applies here. Perhaps the infection is simply too much for a simple antibiotic, perhaps she is too weak to heal from the trauma of extractions even if the infection does clear up.

This woman weighs about 70lbs, cannot eat, is not on an IV to keep her fluids up, and can barely drink because of the pain. She goes into a comma like state at least once a week and must be spoon fed water through out the day. Our resident nurse says that the only other thing that is really wrong with her is her dry skin so if she heals in her mouth then maybe... she'll live a bit longer and be able to enjoy something before she dies. Her name is Natali. She is so kind.


Yucky Photos below!!!!

I couldn't get enough light to take photos of the rear molars, though she really only has 4 teeth back there anyways, and all of them are extremely loose.

Please send these to Uncle John and get his advise, also Dr. Dahl I more than welcome your advise! Thank you so much for your help.



PHOTOS REMOVED AS OF APRIL 29, 2008.
NATALI DIED A FEW DAYSAGO AND I SEE NO REASON TO LEAVE THE PHOTOS UP NOW.
IT'S TOO LATE TO HELP HER.


Nice photo: Do you see Puja? She is the one with a brilliant smile who is off to the right. I might tell her story another day.



Please send all donations of dental products to:

Havilah Volunteer
Missionaries of Charity
54/A A.J.C. Bose Road
Kolkata, India
700 016


Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Halala!

~I'm sorry we weren't here for your call this morning; Mum had already left for work, and Dad, Gelly, and I went to the dentist. I had my new braces put on – green for prom – and Gelly had three icky, cavity, unbrushed, baby teeth pulled out. Did she ever howl! The whole clinic could hear her, and we couldn't help but laugh. Then she came back to the truck saying that the dentist was such a "jerk, jerk, jerk" and how she wanted to bite him. She's still talking funny and eating messy because of the numb mouth. (That's something I bet you could use in India – painkillers, novicane, and "laughing gas".)

~Anyway, I sent your blog to Uncle John (at the e-mail address which I have, and I hope is correct). I also told our dentist about your endeavors. He's a nice Catholic, and he wished you the best of luck, but no word on whether he'll be able to help out with supplies or anything, yet.

~Sooo... what else? I'm praying for your teeth-pulling, and Mum keeps up with your blog. I have to admit I don't go on it daily, but she gives us summaries and synopses of what happens.

I love you! Stay safe! Stay healthy! Stay hopeful! (and Brush and floss twice a day!)

Sincerely,
~Juby~ ;-P